An Advanced Health Care Directive (or Living Will) is a document which sets out your preferences for medical treatment, it will:
- Set out limitations on treatment you wish to have
- Stipulate medical treatment preferences
- Identify circumstances unacceptable to you arising from applying life-sustaining treatment
- Identify how far treatment should go when your condition is classed as ‘terminal’ or ‘incurable’
- Nominate a person to consult with doctors concerning your wishes
If you wish to draft an Advanced Health Care Directive, contact the team at Dawson Lawyers for a fixed fee quote.